Dubuque





U.S. Custom House and Post Office (1901; n.d., ca. 1902)
Completed in 1866.
Supervising Architects: Ammi B. Young and Isaiah Rogers
Extension completed in 1902.
Supervising Architect of extension: John Knox Taylor
The U.S. District Court for the District of Iowa met here until the creation of the Northern District in 1882; the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here from 1882 until 1934; U.S. Circuit Court for the District of Iowa met here from 1880 until the creation of the Northern District in 1882; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here from 1882 until that court was abolished in 1912.
Sold in 1941.

Source: U.S. Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 168-169





Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 9, Folder F, Print 5-A



U.S. Post Office and Court House (n.d., ca. 1934)
Completed in 1934.
Architects: Proudfoot, Rawson, Souers, & Thomas; Herbert A. Kennison.
Building used by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa.
Now in use by various federal agencies.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 30, Folder HH, Print 3










]