Cedar Rapids


U.S. Post Office and Courthouse (1900)
Completed in 1895.
Supervising Architects: Willoughby J. Edbrooke and Jeremiah O’Rourke
The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here until 1908; the U.S.

Circuit Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here until 1908. Razed in 1908.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 9, Folder B, Print 4



U.S. Post Office and Courthouse (1909)
Completed in 1910.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here until 1933; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Now owned by Linn County and renamed the Witwer Building.

Source: National Archives, RG 121-C, Box 9, Folder B, Print 24

                        U.S. Post Office and Court House (1940)
                        Completed in 1933.
                        Supervising Architect: Louis A. Simon
                        Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa.

                        Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 30, Folder N, Print 1







]