Sioux City


U.S. Court House, Post Office, and Custom House (1899)
Completed in 1897.
Supervising Architects: Jeremiah O’Rourke and William Martin Aiken
The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here until 1932; the U.S. Circuit Court for the Northern District of Iowa met here until that court was abolished in 1912.
Partially demolished in 1995, but remnants incorporated in the new city hall.


Source: National Archives, RG 121-BA, Box 14, Print 1117





U.S. Post Office and Court House (1934)
Completed in 1934.
Architect: Beuttler & Arnold
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa.
Source: National Archives, RG 121-BS, Box 31, Folder TT, Print 5030








]