You are here

How can I find an attorney?

Filing without an attorney FAQ
The Clerk's Office cannot provide you with the name of an attorney.  Attorneys/firms frequently maintain websites that indicate federal and/or state practice areas.  You may search for an attorney through the Iowa State Bar Association's 'Find-A-Lawyer Service' at:
In Iowa, there are limited resources and programs available to provide free legal assistance:
Iowa Legal Aid
Toll-free Phone: (800) 532-1275


University of Iowa Clinical Law Program
380 Boyd Law Building
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1113
Phone: (319) 335-9030
Toll-free Phone: (866) 251-5491


Drake University Legal Clinic
2400 University Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50311
Phone: (515) 271-3851



FAQ Tag Type: 
Filing Without an Attorney-Legal Representation