Robert L. Phelps, Clerk of Court
Telephone: (319) 286-2311
Paul De Young, Chief Deputy
Telephone: (319) 286-2321
Our Mission Statement: The employees of the Clerk's Office for the Northern District of Iowa are committed to excellence in work product, services and customer relations. We strive to set an example in efficient and timely problem solving. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of integrity in public service, welcome accountability to our court and to all we serve. We meet these challenges by embracing state-of-the-art technology.
To gain entrance to either the Cedar Rapids or Sioux City courthouse building, you must abide by the following:
- All visitors must present a Valid Government Issued Photo ID to Court Security Officers.
- Remove ALL items from pockets and place in the bins provided.
- All bags, packages and belongings are subject to search by Court Security Officers.
- Must successfully pass through the metal detector and are subject to additional security screening if the metal detector audbily or visibly alerts.
- Weapons of any type are prohibited and will be confiscated. Anyone in possession of a weapon or contraband is subject to arrest and/or prosecution.
- All photographing, video or voice recording is prohibited within the court occupied space as per Title: 41 CFR 102-74.420 and Local Judicial Court Rules.
- Individuals with medical implants should advise the Court Security Officer.
- All visitors are subject to additional security screening requirements as deemed appropriate by Local Judicial Court Rules or at the direction of the United States Marshal.
All offices are open to the public Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, except for court holidays.
|Holiday Name||2020 Observed Date|
|New Year's Day||Wednesday, January 1st|
|Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.||Monday, January 20th|
|Washington's Birthday (President's Day)||Monday, February 17th|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 25th|
|Independence Day||Friday July 3rd|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 7th|
|Columbus Day||Monday, October 12th|
|Veterans Day||Wednesday, November 11th|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 26th|
|Christmas Day||Friday, December 25th|
* Because most Federal Employees work on a Monday to Friday schedule, when a holidays falls on a weekend the holiday is observed on the closest regular workday. The holiday is observed on Friday if the holiday falls on Saturday and Monday if the holiday falls on Sunday (5 U.S.C. § 6103 (b)).