Annual Renewal Fee
Pursuant to Administrative Order 18-AO-0005-P dated August 8, 2018, the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa no longer require biennial continuing legal education (CLE) reporting.
To remain in good standing, each attorney is required to pay an annual renewal fee of $25 to each district where they are admitted. The annual renewal fee is due by March 1st of each year. See Local Rule 83(c)(3).
As we transition to the new model outlined in Local Rule 83, please be aware:
1. BEFORE you can pay the annual renewal fee, you must first link your CM/ECF account and PACER.gov account. If you have not yet linked your CM/ECF and PACER account, directions to do so can be found HERE.
2. If a duplicate $25 payment is made, a refund will be issued by the Clerk's office through Pay.gov. If you have questions regarding a refund, please contact the Clerk's Office at (319) 286-2300.
3. If you chose the wrong event and paid the Admission Fee of $188 instead of the Annual Renewal Fee of $25, directions for requesting a refund can be found HERE.
4. When making payments for multiple attorneys, you must log completely out of PACER after each payment, so the proper account/attorney will be credited and charged.
5. Attorneys admitted pro hac vice are not required to pay the Annual Admission Renewal Fee.
Questions regarding the annual renewal fee or admission status can be sent to email@example.com, or you can call the Clerk's Office at (319) 286-2300.
Instructions to Pay the Annual Renewal Fee:
***Note: The Northern and Southern Districts have separate filing systems. If you are admitted to both districts, you must make separate payments to each district.
Navigate to PACER.gov . In the upper right hand corner click the log in link.
Click on the "PACER Log in" tab.
Enter your PACER Username and Password.
In the section asking Where would you like to go? click on the drop down menu arrow and select Iowa Northern District Court.
Click the box in front of "I understand that, if I file, I must comply with the redaction rules. I have read this notice." and click Continue.
The Iowa Northern District CM/ECF Document Filing System page will come up. Click the purple/blue hyperlink Northern District of Iowa - Document Filing System
To pay the Annual Renwal Fee follow the steps below:
On the next screen click on 'Annual Renewal Fee' so it populates the Selected Event text box to the right
Click Next, click Next
Answer Yes or No, click Next, click Next
- Review the information, click Next and enter your PACER password and click Login
- Enter your credit card information, click Next
- Check the box for authorization to charge your credit card, and click Submit and you will be returned to CM/ECF to complete the filing.
Complete the screens in CM/ECF until you reach the Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) screen. Print the NEF for your records.
Any changes you need to make to your address, telephone number, firm information or email address, will need to be completed in PACER. PACER will submit the changes to the court.
If you are having trouble with your PACER login or password, you must contact PACER.gov directly. The clerk's office cannot reset your PACER information.
If you need to link your CM/ECF and PACER accounts, but cannot remember your login or password to the CM/ECF system, please complete the CM/ECF Online Password Reset Form.