You are here

May I obtain surety in lieu of paying bond?

Courthouse FAQ

Bonds requiring the posting of personal or real property, other than cash, will be accepted for a surety bond only upon order of the court.  The court will specify the personal or real property required to be posted by the party.  

The surety company must be certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.  Link to: List of Certified Companies.



FAQ Tag Type: